The Waynesboro Movie Theatre on Main St. closed recently due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Waynesboro Community Theatre Project (WCTP) is reopening the movie theatre to show holiday movies.
The WCTP reported that the following movies will be shown at the theatre in the coming months:
- “Polar Express” on Saturday, Nov. 28 at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- “A Christmas Story” on Saturday, Dec. 5 at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- “Love Actually” on Friday, Dec. 18 at 7:30 p.m.
- “Elf” on Saturday, Dec. 19 at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- “Frozen 2” noon and 3 p.m. on New Year’s Eve as part of Mainstreet Waynesboro’s Boro Blast celebration.
The movies will be shown at 50% capacity and you can book tickets at https://bit.ly/WaynesboroHoliday2020
The Saturday and New Year’s Eve movies cost $6 and include a regular popcorn and a canned soda or water.
Over the summer, the money for the reopening of the movie theatre was raised with a drive-in movie theatre to help with all of the assets of the theater.
“These movies will help keep the downtown movie theater open for many people said Bill Kohler, president of the WCTP. “So many people have great memories downtown theater and thousands more have enjoyed it since it was renovated in 2015.”